This is the fourth and final post in our series that takes a look and the emerging trends in diamond cuts for engagement rings in Toronto.
While they might not be as well-known as other diamond cuts, cushion cut engagement rings have grown in popularity recently because of their brilliance. Also, commonly referred to as pillow cut diamonds, they have larger facets than other cuts and rounded corners, giving them a unique look that is diverse. As a result, you will see them in both rectangular and squares shapes.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CUSHION CUT DIAMONDS
- This diamond cut has been around for more than 200 years
- It was once the default diamond cut (until the 20th century)
- Most people are attracted to the antique look and feel of the diamond. Therefore, its commonly used to recreate antique style engagement rings
- Cushion cuts commonly have one of three pavilion facets patterns
- The most popular cushion cut shape is rectangular with a 1.10 – 1.20 length to width ration. The classic style is a square cut with a 1 to 1 length to width ratio
- They are ideal for every day wear – they seldom get caught on clothing and other items
- A 4 prong setting is recommended. 6 prong setting are used for longer or larger rectangular cushion cuts.
Perhaps the one con of cushion cuts is that they do not have flash of other popular cuts such as round, assher, and princess.
LOOKING FOR CUSHION CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RINGS IN TORONTO?
Check out these three beautiful custom cushion cut rings:
Cushion Antique Three Stone 14k White Gold 0.20 ct Diamond Engagement Ring
Cushion Antique Halo 14k White Gold 0.43 ct Diamond Engagement Ring
Cushion Antique Straight 14k White Gold 0.22 ct Diamond Engagement Ring
To design your custom ring, set up a free consultation today. Please contact me anytime with your questions and accept my personal invitation to book your free design consultation
To view the previous engagement ring Toronto diamond cuts blog posts check out: