ABOUT RADIANT CUT DIAMONDS
Radiant cut diamonds first rose in popularity during the 1980s, but has become a staple in the diamond industry because of its brilliance and diversity. Regarded as a great option that fits between the princess cut and cushion cut, it is widely known for its trimmed corners. It was also the first square cut diamond to have a brilliant cut face pattern. This helped the cut achieve a vibrant and dynamic look.
When shopping for radiant cut diamonds and comparing your engagement ring options, it’s important to know the following:
- Radiant cuts come in both square and rectangular shapes
- Many rectangular shaped radiant diamonds have a bow tie effect or look
- While the rectangular cut is more traditional, the square radiant cut has become more popular in recent years
- The rectangular radiant cut is a great alternative to the emerald cut diamond
- Square cut radiant diamonds is a great alternative to the princess cut
- Evaluating colour and clarity is subjective
Knowing this information will help you make a more educated decision about the diamond you choose. Another thing you will come across in your search for a radiant cut is its similarities to cushion cut diamonds.
RADIANT CUT VERSUS CUSHION CUT DIAMONDS
Out of all the diamond cuts, these two perhaps have the most similarities and many people have a difficult time choosing between these two great options when designing a custom diamond ring. Here is what you need to know:
- Radiant cuts have cut corners and cushion cuts have more rounded corners
- Cushion cuts tend to display less brilliance than radiant cuts
- Both are brilliant cuts
- Radiant cuts have 70 facets, whereas cushion cuts have 58 facets
- Radiant cuts tend to have a more modern look. Cushion cut diamonds have a vintage look and feel.
INTERESTED IN RADIANT CUT DIAMOND RINGS?
Check out these three beautiful examples of radiant cut engagement rings:
LEARN MORE ABOUT OTHER POPULAR DIAMOND CUTS
Want to learn more about your diamond cut options? Check out these informative articles about other popular diamond cuts:
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS FOR RADIANT CUT DIAMONDS TODAY!
Do you think that a radiant cut diamond ring is what you want? Book a FREE engagement ring design consultation today and try a few on for size.