Valentines Days is considered by many to be the most romantic day of the year. For this reason alone, it has become a very popular day for wedding proposals. Thousands of couples each year get engaged and start the next chapter of their lives.
Why do so many people propose on Valentine’s Day? Perhaps it’s the love in the air, the ease of proposal options, or simply that the timing is right. Regardless of your reason, proposing this time of year leaves you with no shortage of great options for professing your love and popping the question.
Just in case you are short on time or having trouble coming up with ideas on your own, we have put together a list of some great ways propose:
- The wake-up proposal: Rather than waiting all day, start Valentine’s Day off with a bang by proposing first thing in the morning. This will give her the chance to bask in the glow of being newly engaged and show it off all day long.
- Sweeten things up: Using her favourite Valentine’s Day candy, create a trail for her to follow that leads up to the engagement ring and the words “Will You Marry Me” spelled out in candy.
- An intimate affair: Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to get her alone for a romantic dinner without her suspecting something is up. Make her favourite dish, buy her some flowers and plan an intimate and thoughtful proposal that you can enjoy together.
- The getaway weekend: Even though it will cost you a few extra bucks this time of year, planning a romantic weekend getaway is a great way to pop the question. Book a stay at a bed and breakfast, spa, or fancy hotel. Take her to a special spot and ask for her hand in marriage.
- Everything Valentines: If you are planning to propose this time of year, you might as well take advantage and be on theme. Get the flowers, chocolates, rose petals, wine, and candlelight dinner ready to set the mood for a Valentines themed wedding proposal.
Sure, proposing on Valentine’s Day can be a bit predictable, but it’s really the thought (and the engagement ring!) that will make it a special moment she will cherish forever.
THE PERFECT PROPOSAL STARTS WITH THE PERFECT RING
Designing a custom engagement ring for your loved one shows how much you care. Being able to propose with a unique ring that no one else has will put your proposal over the top and she will have a diamond engagement ring that she will want to show off to all her friends and family.
Design a custom engagement ring in Toronto today. To get started book a free engagement ring design consultation with Aret and create the perfect ring for your loved one this Valentine’s Day.